Tuesday, January 19, 2010

the road to condura


yesterday i registered for my very first full mary. 42kms. at first i was wishy washy about it. it took me a couple of weeks to decide on this. the plan was that the adidas sundown marathon in singapore would be my first full marathon, but since it was late december, and when i charted my training program, i found out it was too early to train for may, might as well go for something earlier.

5 weeks. thats all i had at the time. i crunched the 16 weeks of training to that. i mean, it was under the assumption that i was gonna start from zero- that i am not. so i proceeded with the five weeks. after a pair of cwxs, two sore feet, two sore knees, a dozen or so gus, a blister, and a youtube video showing how to tape weak arches, i am ready.

i can see it now. pacing in the skyway. i wanna kiss the finish line when i cross it. all my doubts gone. i will do this. like what my colleague, mags said: kaya yan ng yabang mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment