Saturday, February 6, 2010

i conquered the skyway


to the best of my ability, i will write this post. im doing this while my masahista is busy bringing my legs back to life. and so when she orders me to face up, i cant continue writing. so i will keep this short. and put another more in depth post with pictures next time. so in a nutshell, condura started on time. 700 of us 42k runners started at 4am. bayani road was dark. kalayaan flyover was dark. skyway was... well... dark. water and 100 plus was a-plenty. COLD water and 100 plus, not. the course dint have as many portalets as it was described in the race map. i outlasted my ipod (which died after 4 hours) AND, the cheering squad. on the way back to buendia, only 3 drummers were banging away, while the others, looked more tired than i was. my best friend, migs, after doin his 21k, kept me company on a bike, from km 34-39. i ran coz i was embarrassed to make him see me walk. but as soon as he turned at bhs, i did the british international school loop, walking again. hehehe. made in 5:48. just a shade over 10 mins. before the cutoff.

photo from fitandrun.info. shot by estan cabigas. thanks.

1 comment: