Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Century Superbods Run Registration

before anything, i will admit, yes, its my fault, i am late, thats why i had a crappy time registering for the century run. in this post i will just merely share my experience. :-P

monday. a day after my 42ker, i rush over to nike at the bhs, because!.. i thought the last day of registration for the century run was the 18th, but no, it was the 8th. fine. im off by one digit. so after work, i dragged my, what felt like wooden stumps, attached to my torso, legs to the end of the line. para palang avatar to sa haba ng pila. doesnt help that i did a marathon a day before too. 30 minutes elapsed, and in my head ive gone 5kms, but in reality ive moved around 10 feet towards the registration table.

1 hour elapses. the line has migrated to the outside of the nike store. we were crowding the store daw. at this point you start going into this zone that you notice and realize small things. after seeing people passing in front of me, i realized that i had a certain aberration to heeled slippers. the guy just at the back of me was having an argument with the "needy gf" or wife, whatever. then theres this guy, who walks past the line, then comes back.

guy: ano meron, bat may pila?
saleslady: century run registration sir.
guy: hmm...sali kaya ako..

guy reads poster. looks at line. takes a token look at the nike merchandise, then leaves.

sheesh. poser.

i text my friend: ive realized that i had a certain aberration for heeled slippers.
friend: kahit na yung havaiannas?
me: mismo
friend: i have four

i

thought

so

oh goody. im at the table. sir wala nang 10k bibs. balik na lang kayo bukas

*smack in the face

1 comment: