Sunday, March 21, 2010

it's a mirasol (miracle)


so after Globe Run for Home, the worst half mary ever for me, i just didn't feel like doing anything more for the day. so i just gave my friendly neighborhood, home-service spa a call to get a post-race rubdown in the afternoon. i actually wanted to have my old reliable hilot, but it was going to be in short notice, so there is like a 93.2% that she wont show up.

at 2pm my therapist promptly comes over. i ask her if they did any "sport" therapy, coz i ran in the morning. she said that "it" wasnt on the list, but that she knew what to do. so i lay flat on my tummy and she did the work. man her technique was amazing.


therapist: ser, tumakbo ba kayo kanina? anong distance?

me: 21k

therapist: ah malayo layo na rin pala (there was no tone of amazement in her voice. it's usually the opposite)

me: pwede na rin.

she goes on with the rubdown.

therapist: dati akong track varsity nung college eh.

me: ahh.. (thought baloon- kaya naman pala di sha na-amaze sa distance)

therapist: actually ser, di masyado bugbog muscles nyo. ok yung pag strecth mo kanina.

pag pinulikat kayo ser, ganito gawin mo (she then gives a lesson in form on how to do the right stretching technique in the event of cramp. together with some anatomy jargon that i did not understand)

p.t. kasi yung course ko nung college. pero di ako nakatapos.

me: thought baloon- huwaw. what are the chances of that happening? a former track varsity, AND a p.t. dropout. giving me a post-race rubdown.

therapist: ser tapos na.

me: ano nga pangalan mo? para ikaw na lagi papatawag ko.

therapist. mirasol po.

sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment